IESM: Surrender of Gallantry Medals on 14 Mar 2010 Sponsors for the Rally on 14 Mar 2010
You are all aware of the efforts of IESM to raise the question of OROP through BJP leader Sh LK Adavani ji in the Lok Sabha on 3 March 10. In response to the question raised by Sh Advani ji, PM Sh Manmohan Singh has misled the Lok Sabha in saying that all the commitments made to ex-servicemen have been given. This was a completely incorrect statement as major recommendation of cabinet secretary's report of parity of pension between pre 96 and post 96 retiree JCOs ORs has not been released. GOVERNMENT HAD ALLOTTED RS 2140 CRORES FOR THIS PURPOSE IN THE BUDGET OF 2008-09 BUT HAS NOT ISSUED THE ORDERS FOR PAYMENT OF DUES.
IESM has planned a massive rally on 14 March Sunday at Jantar Mantar. In the rally it is planned to deposit the medals with the President for safe custody as a mark of protest and also sign the memorandum in blood to be given to the President and PM. IESM is expecting a large congregation of ex-servicemen at Jantar Mantar on 14 March 10. Programme is given below:
• Start of the rally at 1000h at Jantar Mantar on 14 March Sunday.
• Address by Speakers.
• Address by the Maj Gen Satbir Singh to the gathering at 1230h.
Deposit of Medals by ex-servicemen from 1000h to 1400h.
• Signing the Memorandum in blood from 1000h to 1300h, for handing over to the President, PM and RM.
• Collection of memorandum signed by the ex-servicemen from the states representatives.
• Three teams will be formed out of the present ex-servicemen for going to President, PM and RM's office. Teams will leave for three locations at 1400h.
li Closing of the rally.
Following arrangements are planned at the venue of the rally. These arrangements will cost lot of money. IESM is looking for sponsors to fund all these programmes. IESM is thankful to all those veterans who will volunteer to fund any of the programme.
• Tent and Shamiana at the location approx ex Rs 40000.
• Water arrangement at the location approx ex Rs 3000.
• Tea and Biscuit arrangement at the location approx ex Rs 8000.
• Lunch packet for around 1000 persons @ Rs 15/ person Rs 15000.
• PA system and loud speakers approx ex Rs 10000.
• Arrangement for signing the memo in blood, this included disposable syringes, anti coagulant chemicals and other equipment approx ex Rs 15000.
• Photostatting and other admin arrangements approx ex Rs 10000.
• Reimbursement for travel to the ex-servicemen coming for the rally from distant locations (depending on the number of participants).
Approximate expenditure is likely to be around Rs 2 lacs for this rally. Veterans are requested to arrange and sponsor buses from their areas/villages/towns to ferry the ex-servicemen. Veterans are also requested to choose any of the above event and sponsor it. IESM profusely thanks all veterans who wish to sponsor and contribute for the rally.
WE CAN SUCCEED ONLY IF ALL THE VETERANS PUT THEIR MIGHT IN THE FORM OF FUNDS AND VALUABLE TIME FOR THIS PROTEST. GOVERNMENT IS NOT GOING TO LISTEN UNLESS WE SHAKE THE GOVT WITH SHEAR NUMBERS. SO ALL VETERANS ARE REQUESTED TO DONATE GENEROUSLY AND BE PRESENT FOR THE RALLY ON 14 MARCH SUNDAY. EVERY VETERAN IS REQUESTED TO BRING AT LEAST 5 VETERANS ALONG WITH HIM.
IESM STEADFASTLY CONFIRMS THAT THE RALLY WILL REMAIN PEACEFUL AND WITHIN THE AMBITS OF LAW. LOCAL RULES WILL NOT BE FLOUTED OR BROKEN. ALL ARE REQUESTED TO REMAIN PEACEFUL AND HONOUR THE LAW OF THE LAND.
Gp Capt VK Gandhi VSM (Retd)
Gen Sec IESM
ALL EX-SERVICEMEN MUST JOIN TOGETHER FOR A COMMON CAUSE. LET US FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT. RETURN ALL MEDALS AND MAKE A STRONG PROTEST NOW.