31 YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE
The Army Group Insurance was registered as a society with the Registrar of Societies undertheRegistration of Societies Act, (Act XXI) of 1860 with following objects:-
o To provide Insurance benefit speedily to the families of those Army personnel who may die while in service. o Provide lump sum maturity benefit at the time of retirement.
o To provide any other benefits as may be decided by the Board of Governors from time to time.
· On inception, AGIF had started with just two schemes. It has come a long way sine then and has introduced many schemes keeping in view the socio-economic conditions in the country and the needs of Army personnel and their families. The present AGIF schemes are listed below:
o Insurance Cover for APS personnel.
o Insurance cover for DSC personnel.
o Insurance Cover for TA personnel.
o Disability Benefit.
o Maturity Benefit.
o Ex. Gratia Disability Allowance to Severely Handicapped and Disabled Officers and PBOR.
o Additional Insurance Cover for Army Aviation Corps Pilots and MMG Gunners.
o Insurance Cover for Gentlemen/Lady Cadets of NDA, IMA and OTA.
o Sustenance Allowance to Differently Abled Children with Special Needs of Serving Soldiers Dying in Harness.
o Post Retirement extended Insurance Scheme.
o Social Security Deposit Scheme for widows and minors.
o Conveyance Advance.
o Conveyance Advance Linked Group Life Insurance Scheme.
o House Building Advance Scheme.
o House Building Advance Linked Group Life Insurance Scheme.
o Personal Computer Advance Scheme.
BENEFITS AFTER RETIREMENT
· Post Retirement Extended Insurance (EI) Scheme
· EI Scheme was introduced in 1981 with the aim of providing Life Insurance Cover without any maturity benefit to Army personnel after retirement/discharge/release up to a specified period and amount by charging on time non refundable subscription.
· The scheme provides the specified amount of cover to the NOK in case of death of the member within the period of cover, as given in the certificate issued to each member.
· The scheme has undergone periodic reviews and is applicable depending on the date of retirement as given below:-
Benefits after retirement - Click