The postings in this Blog are only the personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the views of the “indianexserviceman” blog team. These are expressed in good faith for the general welfare of the veterans of the Indian Armed Forces. The contents of this blog are neither for business nor for any commercial gains. Neither the “indianexserviceman” blog team nor the individual authors of any material on this blog accept responsibility for any loss or damage however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of your use or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this blog. All views and opinions presented are solely those of the surfer and do not necessarily represent those of “indianexserviceman” blog team. This is not an official blog site. This blog is run by a team of Air Warriors of the IAF (Veterans). It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MOD or AHQ or Air HQ or Govt/State or any other organization.
"நாட்டுக்காக உயிர் நீத்தவர்களை நினைக்காதநாடு இனி யாரும் அதற்காக உயிர் விடும் தகுதியை இழந்துவிடும்."
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR AIR WARRIORS
This is the time, all parents seeking for scholarships from various sources. Here are some information about scholarships available to Air Warriors.
Children of deceased/retired Air Force Personnel are eligible to apply only if their parents are in receipt of pension.
• Scholarships for school/college education:
* School for Std XI & XII - Rs.3,000/- p.a..
* Under Graduate - Rs.3,600/- p.a.
* UG Professional & PG - Rs.6,000/- p.a.
• Physically handicapped/mentally retarded children:
* For disability <> 70% - Rs.7,500/- p.a.
• The completed application to reach IAFBA before 30th September each year for all courses other than professional courses. Last date for submission of application for professional courses is 31 October each year.
• For application forms & further details contact AFA, TN Branch. (Please send a self addressed and stamped envelope to Air Force Association, Air Force Station, Tambaram, Chennai.).
• Application forms can also be had from AF Units/ZSBs.
CHILDREN EDUCATION ASSISTANCE:
Children of retired PBOR and NCs (E) are eligible for this assistance @ Rs.250/- p.m. for a maximum of three years for School or College education, The expense includes tuition fee, books and stationery of the children of school/college. Those who are in receipt of IAFBA scholarship are also eligible for this assistance.
Details can be obtained from Zila Sainik Boards.
AIR FORCE ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS
(a) Sri Venkateswara Scholarship (Sponsored by Wg.Cdr.Dinseh Barat (Retd)
One scholarship each of Rs.3000/- p.a. will be awarded to students of Class IX and X for the period of two years and shall coincide with academic year.
(b) Sqn.Ldr.Pritam Singh (Retd.) Scholarship:
One scholarship each of Rs.4m800/- p.a. will be awarded to students of Class XI and XII for the period of two years and shall coincide with academic year.
(c) Mrs.Suwarna Chaudhary Scholarship for the wards (girl children only) of widow/orphans of Ex-IAF Personnel (Sponsored by Wg.Cdr.RK.Chaudhary (Retd.)
• One scholarship each of Rs.4000/- p.a. will be awarded to girl students of Class XI and XII for the period of two years and shall coincide with academic year.
The other conditions for the above scholarships are:
• Children of deceased/retired AF personnel are only eligible.
• A child should have secured minimum of 50% marks in the previous class final examination.
• The child should be a regular student in a school recognized by central/State Board of education.
Application forms can be obtained from AFA head Office/Branch offices and can also be down loaded from AFA web site: www.afa-india.org.
PRIME MINISTER’S MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
• Applicable only for the wards/widows of ESM below officers rank who joined first year professional degree courses in Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, MBA, MCA recognized by the respective Govt.
• A total of 4000 scholarships are available.
• Scholarship is Rs.1,250/- pm for boys and Rs.1,500/- pm for girls paid annually.
• At least 60% marks at the 10+2 level is required for initial sanction.
• Two to five years of duration as approved by the concerned regulatory body.
• Application costs Rs.30/- or can also be down loaded from web site : http://www.dgrindia.com.
• Completed applications have to be submitted before 31 August each year.
• For more details/application forms contact:
Kendriya Sainik Board,
West Block – IV, Wing – V, RK puram
New Delhi 110 066. (Phone: 011-26192361, 26715250
For further details contact
Air Force Association,
413, Air Force Station,
Tambaram, Chennai 600 046.
Tele (Off)044-22392546, (AF Stn) 044-22395553, Extn.3357
Courtesy: AFA News letter. AFA TN Branch