The postings in this Blog are only the personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the views of the “indianexserviceman” blog team. These are expressed in good faith for the general welfare of the veterans of the Indian Armed Forces. The contents of this blog are neither for business nor for any commercial gains. Neither the “indianexserviceman” blog team nor the individual authors of any material on this blog accept responsibility for any loss or damage however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of your use or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this blog. All views and opinions presented are solely those of the surfer and do not necessarily represent those of “indianexserviceman” blog team. This is not an official blog site. This blog is run by a team of Air Warriors of the IAF (Veterans). It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MOD or AHQ or Air HQ or Govt/State or any other organization.
"நாட்டுக்காக உயிர் நீத்தவர்களை நினைக்காதநாடு இனி யாரும் அதற்காக உயிர் விடும் தகுதியை இழந்துவிடும்."
Sunday, March 22, 2009
HOW TO UPDATE THE PENSION OF PBOR ?
SPECIALLY THE LOWER RANKS (SEP, NAIK AND HAVILDAR)
The ministry of Defence prepared tables (Annexure I and Annexure III) for revising the pension of PBOR based on the pension being paid from 1.1.2006. The pension fixed by the 5th CPC w.e.f. 1.1.96 was required to be further revised to the defence pensioners (only to the PBORs) w.e.f. 1.1.2006 by the Govt. order dt.1.2.2006. (Improvement in pensionary benefits of JCOs/Ors)
2. The above Govt. order provide for improvement in pension structure of PBOR by way of increase in weightage in the Ranks of Sepoy, Naik and Havildars (equivalent ranks in Navy & Air Force) from the existing 5 years to 10, 8 &6 years respectively subject to a maximum qualifying service of 30 years for past and future retirees. Further the pension of Pre-96 PBOR retirees in all ranks and groups is to be calculated with reference to the max. of the pay scale introduced w.e.f. 1.1.96. However, the revised pension on account of the above improvements is to be paid w.e.f. 1.1.1006 and no arrears will be payable prior to 1.1.2006.
3. The above orders by giving 5 years extra weightage to Sepoys increased the Basic pension by Rs.141 from the 1.1.96 level of a Group ‘A’ Sepoy having 15 years service (Table 1)
4. Similarly by giving extra weightage of 3 years to Naiks increased the basic pension by Rs.111 from 1.1.96 level of a Group ‘A’ Naik having 15 years service (Table 2)
5. Similarly by giving extra weightage of 1 year to Havildar increased the basic pension by Rs.131 from the 1.1.96 level of a group ‘A’ Havildar having 15 years service (Table 5)
6. The above orders were released by PCDA(P) Allahabad by its important circular No.350 dt.19.5.2006 in a book form with all the tables. However these orders are not yet implemented in many bank branches. In the meantime the MOD issued another letter of 6th CPC dt.11.11.08 to revise all the pension of the defence pensioner as per the 6th CPC recommendations fixing the pension to PBORs as per the above letter of the PCDA(P) dt.19.5.06. The revision of pension to the PBORs as per circular No.350 of the PCDA(P) dt.19.5.06 is a pre-requisite before undertaking the revision as per the 6th CPC orders. Therefore an up-to-date revision of pension to the PBOR as per the 6th CPC is not possible unless all the PBOR pensioners are revised as per Important circular No.350. (improvement in pension).
7. At this juncture, I request our IESM top office bearers, go to directly to the MOD or PCDA(P) Allahabad and trace out which are all the banks who have not revised as per circular 350 and hand over the tables prepared by the pension experts of IESM for the revised pension arrears payable to all groups and ranks of PBOR from 1.1.06 to 31.8.08 and ask them to pay the arrears of revised pension payable as per circular 350 and simultaneously pay the arrears of 6th CPC as worked out by our experts in IESM. First of all let us make a personal contact with the MOD and the PCDA(P) to present our grievances in the Pension payment.
8. If necessary, the information on the implementation of the important circular No.350 by all the banks, the full details may be obtained from the PCDA(P) Allahabad through the Right to information Act and proceed further.
9. The functioning of MOD Department of Ex servicemen Welfare, the PCDA (P) Allahabad, other CDAs, and DPDOs and all PDAs with regard to the disbursement of defence pension should be extracted through RTI act and action taken against those responsible for the present crisis. This is a very huge task. Will the IESM take up this task ?