The postings in this Blog are only the personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the views of the “indianexserviceman” blog team. These are expressed in good faith for the general welfare of the veterans of the Indian Armed Forces. The contents of this blog are neither for business nor for any commercial gains. Neither the “indianexserviceman” blog team nor the individual authors of any material on this blog accept responsibility for any loss or damage however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of your use or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this blog. All views and opinions presented are solely those of the surfer and do not necessarily represent those of “indianexserviceman” blog team. This is not an official blog site. This blog is run by a team of Air Warriors of the IAF (Veterans). It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MOD or AHQ or Air HQ or Govt/State or any other organization.
"நாட்டுக்காக உயிர் நீத்தவர்களை நினைக்காதநாடு இனி யாரும் அதற்காக உயிர் விடும் தகுதியை இழந்துவிடும்."
Friday, May 15, 2009
DRAWAL OF PENSION BY NON-RESIDENT INDIAN, DEFENCE PENSIONERS
PROCEDURE FOR DRAWAL OF PENSION BY NON-RESIDENT
INDIAN, DEFENCE PENSIONERS.
The formalities to be adopted by pensioners residing in foreign countries are as under:-
A NRI pensioner is required:
1. To open a Non-resident Bank Account with any Scheduled Bank in India.
2. To execute a power of Attorney in duplicate on Indian non-Judicial Stamp paper of appropriate value. Where Indian non-judicial stamp paper is not available, it can be made on durable plain paper affixed with adhesive Indian Stamp of appropriate value. The value of the stamp will be determined with reference to practice as obtained in the place where the Power of Attorney is executed. The Power of Attorney will be executed before Notary Public or Indian Mission abroad. It shall be ensured that if the Power of Attorney is executed before Notary Public, it must be signed in the presence of an official of Indian Embassy/Mission abroad, who should attest the signature of the pensioner.
If the Power of Attorney is executed on plain paper, and is not affixed with the adhesive Indian stamps of appropriate value, the pensioner may be requested to write his agent in India advising him to take the same to the Collector within 3 months of its receipt for getting it stamped according to Indian stamp Act.
1. To submit an arrear claim on IAF(CDA) 651, if the pension has not been drawn for more than one year.
2. To submit claim on IAFA-380 (a)
3. To submit the life certificate (IAFA-409), issued by an authorized official of the Embassy/High Commission of India, or consuls of Indian Consulates or Notary Public or an officer of an Indian public Sector Bank attached to its branch in the country, where the pensioner is residing, once in a year in November each year.
4. To submit a certificate once a year in April each year whose nationality at the time of retirement was Indian and who for the time being are residing outside India, on the following lines:-
(a) “I certify that I was an Indian nation at the time of my retirement and have not thereafter changed my nationality and become a naturalized citizen of foreign state”.
(b) The pensioner who has changed his/her nationality, and has become a citizen of a foreign state, must submit a certificate regarding change of nationality, to his Bank along with a copy of nationality certificate, granted by the country, where the pensioner is residing, to the Principal CDA(P), through the Link Branch.
5. To forward an attested copy of pensioner’s passport.
6. To submit other certificate viz. non-employment/re-employment certificate, non-marriage certificate etc.
7. To submit a declaration ratifying the Acts/deed done by the pensioner’s attorney in April each year.
The above documents are required to be forwarded to pensioner’s Agent in India for submitting the claim to Principal CDA(P), Allahabad through concerned Pension Disbursing Authority.
The life certificate and nationality certificates etc. referred above are to be submitted initially with the first claim and thereafter once a year along with the claim for the month of November and April respectively. It may further be noted that pension will not be paid beyond the date on which the next life certificate, Nationality certificate, ratification deed is due.
Specimen form of Power of Attorney - Click