BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF A DEFENCE PENSIONER
The Defence personnel are the only category of people who attain the status of ‘Pensioner’ at the age of 35. Similarly, the widowed pensioners at the age of 20 are only from among the Defence family pensioners.
Look at the enormous responsibilities shouldered by this category of people at such a young age to swim against the life with such a meager pension for a long period.
Therefore it is very important, that all the defence pensioners and the defence family pensioners should know certain basic aspects of this pension to get the continued benefit throughout their life. In order benefit to maximum readers, this information are given in Hindi also. Kindly follow to safeguard you and your family.
- Send intimation to Pension Disbursing Authority (Banks) and Record Office/Head Office regularly for any change in your residential address.
- Call on your PDA annually positively in the month of November, each year, for the purpose of annual identification, (Life Certificate) failing which, payment of pension may be stopped.
- If you are re-employed in a State/Central government, or a Public Sector Undertaking, intimate the PDA, full details thereof, for regulating the dearness relief on pension. (Most cases of re-employed PBORs the Dearness Relief is admissible on re-employment. A certificate is to be obtained from the re-employer and submitted to PDA for payment of D.R with pension) In case of your not being re-employed under Govt., a declaration to this effect may be given to your PDA, once in a year in the month of May.
- If you are in receipt of more than one pension, furnish full details to your PDA for revising both the pensions and relief thereon.
- If you want to get your pension account transferred to other PDA/Bank, apply to your present PDA., PCDA(P),
Allahabadhas no role to play, in this regard, except in case of transfer outside . India
- In case you have not drawn your pension within 12 months, please approach your PDA with explanation for delay, non re-employment and non-conviction certificates. Treasury Officers/PAOs have powers to make payment of arrears up to 3 years (5 years in cases of DPDOs). PCDA(P) can sanction arrears claims beyond 3/5 years.
- Furnish full details with relevant certificates from the competent authority to the Record Office/H.O.O. if you have married after discharge or have children born after discharge and death of wife/children for record in your sheet roll/service book.
- If joint notification of family pension has not been done in your case, apply to your PDA for endorsement of family pension on the proper form. Your PDA will process the application through your R.O./H.O.O./Army Hqrs.
- In case of any dispute regarding entitlement to family pension, the matter may be got sorted out with RO and BRO. For immediate guidance, assistance of Local Zila Sainik Board may be sought.
- In case your disability pension is rejected, you are entitled to make an appeal to the Govt., of
within 6 months from the date of rejection memo through the Record Office, if you feel that the disability in your case is due to Service factors. Similarly, family of the deceased can also make an appeal, if the claim for special family pension is rejected. India
- Appear before Re-survey Medical Board on due date, as arranged by the Record Office. In case you fail to appear before RSMB for a long time, submit delay explanation along with non-conviction and non re-employment certificates to the Record Office, when a fresh RSMB is arranged.
- If you have any problem regarding payment of pension, write to your PDAs with TS/HO/PS/PPO No./Bank Account No. If your problem is not solved by PDA, write to the Audit Section of Principal CDA(P) Allahabad/Public Grievances Officer, Office of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension), Draupathi Ghat, Allahabad with your full details as given below:-
- While sending your application/representation to the office of the PCDA(P)
, please ensure that following information/particulars are invariably furnished along with full details of your problem/grievance. Allahabad
(i) Your Name, Rank, Regtl. No. and Record Office/H.O.O. from where you retired.
(ii) P.P.O. No. and date under which pension was granted in your favour.
(iii) Name of the P.D.A./Bank Branch from where you are drawing your pension with Savings Bank/Current Account No.
(iv) T.S./P.S./H.O. No. allotted to you (in case of D.P.D.Os, Treasuries, Post Offices and P.A.Os).
- If you have any problem or doubt regarding the rate of pension granted to you, write to the Record Office/H.O.O. indicating the PPO No. in which the pension was granted to you.
- If the PPO is lost in the PDA’s office, request the PDA to send a loss certificate on the prescribed form to Officer I/c PPO Section of PCDA(P),
- Convert your Pension account in the Bank into a joint account with your wife.
Don’t forget to give nomination to your Pension account.
- Keep your wife informed of all the information about your personal dealings.
- Make a regular visit to your Welfare Association and contribute your mite for the
Well being of your Association.