ALL THAT GLITTERS ARE NOT GOLD
Yes, it is a fact. Many of us live on illusions. We arrive at certain pre-conceived conclusions that do not really exist. One of our leading and largest Banks boasts by saying that the “nation banks on us”, “with you all the way” with full page colour advertisement in leading dailies and creates an illusions in the minds of millions. But what is the reality ?
Just read …the plight of a poor defence pensioner with this leading bank for the last 8 months without any response. See how many mistakes have been made on a simple and single pension account with this bank.
1. The PPO was received well in advance, but the pension and other benefits containing gratuity and
commutation amounting to Rs.7,72,009 was paid after 2 months & 7 days.
2. The sanctioned gratuity of Rs.2,16,446 has been delayed by the bank for more than 2 months and 7 days.
3. The capitalized value of commutation of Rs.4,55,563 was paid on 08.11.2008 instead of 01.09.08 but the pension was reduced w.e.f. 01.9.08.
4. The residual pension of the pensioner as per the PPO is Rs.3358, where as the bank has taken the commuted amount of Rs.2747 as residual pension and started paying totally incorrect pension for the past 7 months, thus accumulating a short payment of Rs.23,648 till April, 09.
5. The pension amount reckoned for payment of Dearness Relief is Rs.6105, where as the bank is paying D.R. @ 47% for the commuted amount of Rs.2747/-.
6. The pensioner is eligible for a monthly pension of Rs.6228, where as the bank is paying only Rs.4,039 for the last eight months.
When the mistakes were brought to the notice of the Bank staff in Jan 09, they are not at all bothered about their mistakes, instead they challenged the visiting pensioner to go any where and complain.
Now you tell me are we all not living on illusions ?