REVISION OF MINIMUM SPECIAL FAMILY PENSION & PAYMENT
OF ARREARS (WIDOWS OF SEPOYS, NAIKS & HAVILDARS)
The minimum Special Family Pension was increased from Rs.2,550 to Rs.7,000/- as per PCDA (P) Most Important Circular No.410 dt.13.05.09 para 4.2. In the meantime the Banks have revised the existing Special Family Pension of Rs.2,550 into Rs.5,763 as per the tables attached to MOD letter dated 11.11.08 and calculated arrears from 01.01.06 to 31.08.08 for 32 months and paid 40 % arrears during Sep 08/Oct 08 and awaiting to pay the remaining 60% arrears on getting instructions from the Government.
The earlier MOD letter dt.11.11.08, which authorized revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners did not specify the amount of minimum Special Family Pension. Therefore, pending the revision of the Special Family Pension, the existing Pre-2006 rates of Special Family Pension was consolidated as per para 4.1 of the MOD letter dt.11.11.08 and as per the tables in Annexure I attached to MOD letter dt.11.11.08, the pre-2006 Special Family Pension was revised to Rs.5,763 (Annexure I Page.9) and arrears calculated up to Aug 08 and 40% arrears was paid and thereafter the consolidated revised rates of Special Family pension is being paid.
In the circumstances, the MOD letter dt.04.05.09 (Para 4.2) and PCDA(P)
In order to arrive at the correct arrears amount, a separate calculation has been made for such cases which can be followed.
The re-calculation to be made in two parts. One from 01.01.06 to 30.8.08 for arriving at the additional 40% arrears payable immediately and the other part from 01.09.08 to 30.06.09 to arrive at the arrears of pension payable as a result of revision of Special Family Pension from Rs.2,550 to Rs.7,000/-.
As result of the increase in the minimum Special Family pension from Rs.2,550 to Rs.7,000/- each eligible Special Family pensioner i.e. widows of Sepoys, Naiks and Havildars & equivalent ranks will get additional 40% arrears of Rs.16,848 and arrears in difference in pension payable up to 30.6.09 Rs.14,790, thus a total of Rs.31,638/- have to be paid immediately.
A detailed working sheet is inserted. Please click for the Arrears working Sheet and get it printed and present it to your bank after filling in your particulars for immediate payment.
The MOD letter revising the minimum Special Family Pension to Rs.7,000/- was issued on 4.5.09 and the implementation instructions were issued by the CDA(P)
It is unfortunate that none of the welfare associations come forward to help these widows to get their revised pension and arrears. While very big organizations fight for increased pensionary benefits, but they fail to monitor the implementation of the existing little benefits to the poor PBOR families. I have seen, when the Lt.Cols. Pay & Pension were revised, lot of e-mails, calculation sheets were floated all over the net for immediate payment. But in the case of PBOR pension calculations, all are silent. This is not a good attitude of a growing organizations.
The membership of an organization cannot be increased without meeting the affected people/pensioners face to face and doing justice to them. This is very important.
The Author of this Blog, with his own efforts and with the help of one dedicated member, was instrumental in getting arrears to the tune of Rs.One crore during the past 10 years to poor PBOR pensioners and increased the membership of the Association to more than 3000.
Of course, it was a great struggle to build the Association for the past 10 years. But due to the influence of some vested interests with selfish motives, the sacrifices done by the honest workers in the past are not remembered and ultimately, the general welfare of the whole community is paralyzed again. Only God can save the PBORs and their families.